POWER Youths Program
POWER Youth provides young people (13-16 years) with tools to overcome life challenges, in positive ways. The skills learns, empower teens to deal with stressful situations and teaches self regulation.
Benefits of the POWER Youth program
- Improved communication and interpersonal skills
- Greater self-acceptance and self-esteem
- Ability to change self-defeating behaviours/habits
- Better expression and management of emotions, including anger, stress and anxiety
- Develop strategies and skills to help your life flourish
- Identify and build on your strengths
- Improved state of happiness
- Decreased anxiety symptoms
- Improved quality of life
- Improved interpersonal relationships
- And many more
Adolescence is a transition period in which new challenges such as higher study loads, peer pressure, friendship difficulties, and physical development are faced. As this can be a stressful and difficult time for many adolescents, POWER Teens empowers its participants with positive coping skills, self esteem and resilience to navigate setbacks and transition successfully into adulthood.
POWER Teens provides teenagers with tools to deal with peer pressure and to strengthen self-esteem and also get to know their own identity. In addition, it provides tools to overcome depression, stress and anxiety.
POWER Teens is based on the evidence based program FRIENDS Resilience.
Topics that will be covered
- Getting to know each other and ourselves
- Self esteem
- Communication and friendships
- Emotions (anxiety, anger, sadness, worries, stress) and how to deal with them in a helpful way
- How to change unhelpful thoughts to helpful thoughts
- Roll models and support networks
- Learning about different problem-solving methods
Participants will be taken on a journey to explore their
behaviour, thoughts and physical reactions in difficult/stressful/emotional situations and how to respond in a more helpful way so they learn they can take control.
The program is based on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy principles. They will be learning about different life skills by group discussion, games and fun exercises.
It is all about experiential learning.
How it works
- Small group (max 4 participants)
- 8 sessions of 90 minutes each
- The program includes a workbook to support the program
- There will be no sessions during school holidays
- A handout for parents to support their child’s learning
- Investment: $365,- including GST, workbook and all other materials
The next program will start May 24th 2022 from 6:30-8:00 PM and the last session will be 26th of July 2022. There will be 8 sessions. There will be no sessions on the following dates: 14-06-2022 until 5-07-2022.
Investment: $315,- including GST, workbook and all other materials.
You can sign up by filling out the form at the bottom of this page. Within two working days you will receive a confirmation and the invoice. Once the invoice has been finalised you will receive an email with extra information.
Please note that when you send out the form your are agreeing to our terms and conditions.
A lot of teens worry about joining a group program. They feel they are the only ones who are struggling, are worried others in the group might judge them, or just the idea of sharing personal things in a group can cause anxiety. It is perfectly normal they feel this way!
If you, or your son/daughter feels this way about joining this group program, please don’t hesitate to get in touch!
I can also assure you, that what ALL the participants in the past have said, was that the fact that they did follow this program in a group setting has been what they have found most beneficial. They noticed others where struggling too and the peer support in the group was what helped made them grow and feel so much stronger.